What we do
Kitchen on the Run is the mobile integration incubator from Über den Tellerrand e.V. With our blue kitchen container we carry our idea of an open and diverse society to new places. We promote the personal exchange between people with and without the experience of flight and make it possible to get to know each other at eye level.
Why we do it
We meet the challenge that people with and without flight experience rarely meet in everyday life. We see personal contact as the foundation for integration in our society. We give impetus and spread our concept to shape intercultural coexistence in Germany and Europe in the long term.
How we do it
With a kitchen, built into a shipping container, we travel through Germany and Europe. In a homelike atmosphere, we organize cooking evenings where people with and without experience of escape can get to know each other at the kitchen table, reveal their favorite recipes, tell personal stories and start friendships.
Our current location
Standort auf Google ansehen
Tour dates 2018
- Biberach 1. May - 17. June
- Süchteln 20. June - 5. August
- Jena-Lobeda 8. August - 23. September
Di, Mi, Do | 17:30 Uhr | Kochabend
Fr | Offenes Community Event
Cook with us - How it works
1. Sign up with us:
As a host, to share with others your favorite recipe or as a guest, if you want to get to know new dishes.
2. On the agreed date we take care of the purchase together with the hosts and prepare everything. The participation in the cooking evening is free for all!
3. For cooking, about 25 people meet with and without refugee experience at our kitchen table. Together, the dishes are prepared and then deliciously fed.
4. Together we discover new flavors and unique dishes. We tell each other individual stories and new friendships emerge.
What else happens in the container?
We believe in people, personal encounters and good food. We believe in getting to know each other!
Firas Abo Saleh
studied civil engineering, but would rather build an open and diverse society instead of large buildings. Due to his own escape experience, he is particularly motivated to reach this goal.
has studied French and Italian Philology and a Masters in Intercultural Education. She loves to discover new worlds through languages, but understands fun without words.
is a chef and a multiple craftsman. Exploring the recipes and food cultures of the world inspires him as well as facing new challenges.
comes from the fields of communication and design thinking. She is the creative mind of the team, enjoys people around her and is always on the run. Just right in the container!